Intellectual Property Training Institute 2023
Sunday, September 24 – Friday, October 6, 2023
11 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Thank you for your interest in our 12th Intellectual Property Training Institute (IPTI). The IPTI will be held this fall and will take place in our main office located in historic Alexandria, Virginia.
The IPTI will be interactive, with lectures and hands-on workshops tailored to provide practical skills for improving U.S. patent application preparation and prosecution. Registration numbers will be limited in order to maximize the individual value of our 2023 IPTI.
The IPTI is most beneficial for participants that have a basic understanding of U.S. patent law and experience drafting and/or prosecuting U.S. patent applications. As indicated below, the majority of the topics focus on patent prosecution skills and strategies. In addition, we will also provide an introduction to various post-issuance topics, including patent litigation and administrative patent proceedings under the AIA, such as inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the USPTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
The 2023 IPTI Agenda
- Specification and Claim Drafting Skills
- Cost-Effective Strategies For Patent Prosecution, Including Strategies to Avoid and Overcome §101 Rejections
- Preparing for and Conducting USPTO Examiner Interviews
- Compacting Prosecution, Considering RCEs and Appeals, and Other Strategies for Responding to Final Rejections
- Post-Examination Practice, Including Appeals, Reissues and Reexaminations
- Infringement and Invalidity Analysis and Opinion Practice
- IP Landscape and Value-Added IP Strategies
- Introduction to Claim Construction and Unique Procedural Aspects of U.S. Litigation and AIA Post-Grant Review Proceedings
Detailed training materials will be available for download for all participants from our FTP site. The two-week IPTI will also include educational outings, e.g., planned visits to the USPTO and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, as well as optional social activities.
Please take a minute to fill out Part 1 of the online registration form below.