Sunday, September 22 – Friday, October 4, 2019
277 South Washington Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22553
Thank you for your interest in our 11th Annual Intellectual Property Training Institute (IPTI). The IPTI will be held this Fall and will take place in our main office in historic Alexandria, Virginia.
The IPTI will be interactive, with lectures and hands-on workshops tailored to provide practical skills for improving U.S. patent application preparation and prosecution.
Because of our desire to limit the number of attendees, and thereby maximize the individual value of our 2019 IPTI, registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The IPTI is most beneficial for participants that have a basic understanding of U.S. patent law and experience drafting and/or prosecuting U.S. patent applications. Although the majority of the topics focus on patent prosecutions skills and strategies, we also provide an introduction to various post-issuance topics, including patent litigation and administrative patent proceedings under the AIA, such as inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the U.S. PTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). We will focus on the claim construction process and the impact that claim drafting, amendments and arguments made during prosecution may have on the construction and scope of claims during litigation and PTAB proceedings.
The 2019 IPTI Agenda
- Specification and Claim Drafting Skills
- Cost-Effective Strategies For Early Stages of Patent Prosecution, Including Strategies to Avoid and Overcome §101 Rejections Post Alice and Mayo
- Preparing for and Conducting USPTO Examiner Interviews
- Compacting Prosecution, Considering RCEs and Appeals, and Other Strategies for Responding to Final Rejections
- Advantages of Continuation Practice
- Options for Post-Examination Practice
- Infringement and Invalidity Analysis and Opinion Practice
- Introduction to Claim Construction in U.S. Litigation and Post-Examination Proceedings
Detailed training materials will be available for download for all participants from our FTP site. The two-week IPTI will also include educational outings, e.g., planned visits to the U.S. PTO and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, as well as optional social activities.
Please take a minute to fill out the on-line registration form below. Once your registration form has been received, reviewed and approved, we will issue you a debit note for payment. We will also forward you a link requesting your travel and hotel information.