WE WILL HOST OUR 10TH ANNUAL
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY TRAINING INSTITUTE
AND CELEBRATE OUR FIRM’S 35TH ANNIVERSARY IN THE FALL OF 2018
OUR TWO-WEEK INSTITUTE WILL BE HELD FROM
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23 TO FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2018
The Intellectual Property Training Institute (IPTI) is interactive, with lectures and hands-on workshops tailored to provide practical skills for improving U.S. patent application preparation and prosecution.
We have updated the 2018 IPTI agenda to focus on the following topics:
- Specification and Claim Drafting Skills
- Understanding and Minimizing Administrative Costs and Burdens Associated with New Applications and IDS Practice
- Cost-Effective Strategies For Early Stages of Patent Prosecution, Including Strategies to Avoid and Overcome §101 Rejections Post Alice and Mayo
- Compacting Prosecution, Considering RCEs and Appeals, and Other Strategies for Responding to Final Rejections
- Advantages of Continuation Practice
- Options for Post-Examination Practice
- Infringement and Invalidity Analysis and Opinion Practice
- Introduction to Claim Construction in U.S. Litigation and Post-Examination Proceedings
The IPTI is most beneficial for participants that have a basic understanding of U.S. patent law and experience drafting and/or prosecuting U.S. patent applications. Although the majority of the topics focus on patent prosecutions skills and strategies, we also provide an introduction to various post-issuance topics, including patent litigation and administrative patent proceedings under the AIA, such as inter partes review (IPR) proceedings at the U.S. PTO Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). We will focus on the claim construction process and the impact that claim drafting, amendments and arguments made during prosecution may have on the construction and scope of claims during litigation and PTAB proceedings.
Detailed training materials will be provided for all participants. The two-week IPTI will also include educational outings, e.g., planned visits to the U.S. PTO and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, as well as optional social activities, including a celebration of our firm’s 35th Anniversary.
For more information or to request a registration form, please contact us. Because of our desire to limit the number of attendees, and thereby maximize the individual value of our 2018 IPTI, registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
277 S. Washington St., Suite 500
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Telephone: (703) 836-6400
Facsimile: (703) 836-2787