Maintaining exceptional legal skills is an important part of our commitment to our clients. New attorneys at Oliff PLC are assigned an experienced mentor. The mentor provides guidance and feedback which ensures for a smooth transition into our firm. To stay up-to-date with the most current information, our firm frequently conducts:
- In-house educational programs,
- Outside training, and
- Weekly luncheon presentations of recent court decisions and other developments.
Regularly scheduled in-depth seminars provide more intensive study of important topics. We tailor many of these programs to the interests of our clients, who are always welcome to attend. In addition, we conduct extended educational programs relating to U.S. intellectual property law and practice for management trainees from some of our client companies. These programs provide a convenient way for clients to improve their working knowledge of U.S. intellectual property law, and thus facilitate communications with outside counsel.
Tuesday, September 19 – A three-hour CLE on “Ethics of Email and Social Media, and Confidentiality/Privilege Implications of Emails in the Corporate Setting,” presented by Tom Spahn of McGuire Woods, beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Conference Center. Reservations are required.
The following four CLEs are being offered as prerecorded videos and will be shown in the Conference Center at the dates and times listed below. Reservations are required.
1. Wed., August 30 from 10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m., Section 112(a) Enablement and Written Description: Leveraging CCPA and Early Federal Circuit Decisions
2. Wed., September 6 from 10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m., Navigating the Patent Prosecution Highway and Other Accelerated Filing Options
3. Wed., September 13 from 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m., Cybersecurity and Technology Developments Update
4. Wed., October 11 from 10:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m., Functional Claiming for Mechanical and Electrical Arts