Maintaining exceptional legal skills is an important part of our commitment to our clients. New attorneys at Oliff PLC are assigned an experienced mentor. The mentor provides guidance and feedback which ensures for a smooth transition into our firm. To stay up-to-date with the most current information, our firm frequently conducts:
- In-house educational programs,
- Outside training, and
- Weekly luncheon presentations of recent court decisions and other developments.
Regularly scheduled in-depth seminars provide more intensive study of important topics. We tailor many of these programs to the interests of our clients, who are always welcome to attend. In addition, we conduct extended educational programs relating to U.S. intellectual property law and practice for management trainees from some of our client companies. These programs provide a convenient way for clients to improve their working knowledge of U.S. intellectual property law, and thus facilitate communications with outside counsel.
Tuesday, October 24 (Ended)
- A three-hour video replay on “Ethics of Email and Social Media, and Confidentiality/Privilege Implications of Emails in the Corporate Setting,” presented by Tom Spahn of McGuire Woods, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the Conference Center. Reservations are required.
Wednesday, October 25 (Ended)
- A 50 minute CLE on ” Recent Federal Circuit Caselaw Developments – October,” presented by John Radi, Scott Strickland, and Amy Lang, beginning at 12:00 noon in the Conference Center. Reservations are required.
Wednesday, November 29
- A one-hour CLE on “Recent Federal Circuit Case Law Developments – November, Legal Communications Skills & Patent Agent Privilege,” presented by Pete Ewald, Jay Stelacone, Graham Nelson, Nathanial McQueen and Benjamin Prebyl beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the Conference Center. Reservations are required.